we know that few things can be as stressful and uncertain as extreme weather conditions damaging your roof. Aside from roof damage and potential harm to the house’s interior, the experience can be a trying period, Amidst all of this, trying to make an insurance claim can be a serious source of extra stress. Insurance companies tend to ask for reports, quotes and a ton of paperwork before they agree to sign off on your claim – and it’s a worry you can well do without.
Alongside our roof surveys for new buyers, we also provide comprehensive survey and repair work for insurance companies working on behalf of their clients. If you have insured yourself against storm damage and other associated events outside of your control, we will work with your insurance company to carry out any necessary repairs or structural improvements.
It is becoming increasingly popular for most mortgage lenders to insist that potential borrowers instruct an established experienced roofing contractor to inspect the roof of a property they are considering buying.
Alpha Roofing Kendal will carry out an independent Roof Survey / Inspection on any property situated in Kendal or South Lakes prior to purchase, the details of this Survey / Inspection will be presented in the form of a professional Roof Report to a standard / format required by a Mortgage Company / Lender etc.
- Roof Age – overall condition – possible weak areas and probable leaks.
- Ridge Tiles – mortar condition – ridge iron check – ridge tile condition.
- Gutters – type – life expectancy – problems or blockages – damage or cracks – leaking joints or unions.
- Valleys & Gulleys – stress areas – life span – poor repairs – mortar condition if applicable.
- Chimneys – brickwork and mortar condition – loose chimney pots – flashings type and condition.
- Firewalls - condition of flashing and seals - condition of brickwork.
- Flat Roofs – flat roof survey condition – roof covering and type with an estimated life expectancy.
- Roof Windows & Skylights – Type of install and quality – flashing – integrity of the glass.
- Dormer Roofs – Type of covering – flashing condition and life expectancy.
- Roof Structure – external and internal checks – roof sag – spread – condensation issues – ventilation.
By having a comprehensive roof survey carried out before you purchase a property, not only are you safe in the knowledge that all problem areas or potential issues are identified, you are also in a position to pull out of the purchase and save yourself huge sums of money and additional stress should the potential repair costs be far more than any money saved on the property itself.
|Survey prices are subject to amount of content / size of property and the distance we have to travel to the property, if we need to collect and return keys to the estate agent additional costs will be incurred.
||Prices starting at £150.00 +VAT
We can speak to your insurance providers, supply them with all documentation they require, and represent your interests to get you the best possible compensation payment from loss adjusters. If your roof has been damaged as a result of severe weather conditions and you want skilled professionals to take on the burden of a complex roof damage insurance claim, then contact Alpha Roofing Kendal today.
- Financial Responsibility to Our Clients
- Superior Quality and Craftsmanship
- Quality and Value to the Projects We Deliver
- Highest Standards in Cost Control
- On Time and on Budget
- Real Focus on Customer Satisfaction
Why does a roof renovation project cost so much?
Some contibuting factors of fluctuating costs during a roofing project are: Roof size, Pitch, Type of application, Materials used, Number of layers, Where you live, Buliding Regs, & number of skylights, chimneys, plumbing pipes or other adornments that need to be addressed during the installation.
What is the timeline for the project?
Timescales vary with each project.
A mid terraced house having a new Pitched slate roof fitted would typicaly take 2 men 1 week to compleat.
What is the total budget for construction?
The quality of materials and costs could go up or down with specification of each project.
Small slates means more timber batten or slating lath, big slates need less.
How is a roofing renovation project initiated?
Contact Alpha Roofing Kendal to book one of our surveyors to attend your property. We will be more than happily provide you with a detailed estimate for your approval, free of charge.